Sunday 28 December 2014

My super snack - Cheap, delicious, exotic and low in fat!

So this is another recipe of a food I've come to love. But I must warn you first, this food is not for the faint-hearted as the main ingredients is.....chicken feet! Also, it is quite spicy!
My boyfriend's mum who taught me how to cook this food calls it "nom khin nam ya" I am not too sure if I spelled it right. It is a dish from Northern Thailand which has Laos influence.
The ingredients are quite cheap as you can buy them at normal Asian markets or Chinese groceries. The absence of oil makes it low in fat. Also, it serves 4-5 people, so it is truly a budget-friendly food! You can't complain, can you?


 


Ingredients:
Japanese-style fine noodles
1 can of light coconut milk
a bag of chicken feet (could be bought frozen from Chinese groceries)
1x pack of fish ball
2 tins of tuna
2 spoons Red curry paste
2 x Lesser ginger (optional)
2 x spoons sugar
2 x tablespoon of Fish sauce
1 1/2 cup water
Lime leaves x6

Garnish:
Spring onion
Beansprout
Simple steps to make the soup:
Boil half can of coconut milk in a pan.
Pestle lesser ginger and red curry. Mix into the coconut milk.
Put sugar, fish sauce, lime leaves (adjust according to your taste)
Put the rest of coconut milk, then water
Put the chicken feet
Boil for 15 minutes
Add the fish balls.
Boil for another 5 minutes.

Boil the noodles until cooked. Serve with the soup.

garnish with uncooked beansprouts and spring onions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying to the Philippines

I was quite anxious flying back to the Philippines for my AIDF programme. It was my first time flying alone and I'm not too keen on plan...