Thursday 26 February 2015

Health MUST really come first

I have been very frustrated. I have been ill with chest infection/shortness of breath for the past three months. I'm still under investigation with my gp and respiratory consultant. This is the third time I have been sick from work. It took me 3 months (during my previous 2 episodes of sickness) before I recovered. But now, this time, it's been 3 months and I am still unwell.
 
I can't even go out , meet with friends, or go to the gym because a little bit of cold or physical exertion gives me phlegmy chest and shortness of breath.
I feel like a stagnant water. Not moving, not achieving anything.
 
 
Sometimes I ask myself, 'What can I do?' I had been careful with my health. Never smoke, don't drink, exercising 3 times a week, eating healthy, sleeping properly, and oh, taking A LOT of vitamins.
But still, my body gets tired, I experience too much fatigue and infections from work (nursing), from waking up early or staying late at night, and driving in cold and snow. And no matter how many times I try my lungs still give in.
This is the third time I'm sick - my gp once told me I was only 25 but had the immunity of a 65 year old woman.
I MUST REALLY take care of myself first. Don't worry about work, about achieving anything just yet. Focus on your body first, Romalyn.
I hope to share with you my journey to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flying to the Philippines

I was quite anxious flying back to the Philippines for my AIDF programme. It was my first time flying alone and I'm not too keen on plan...